Thursday

Rita Katz Hunts Terrorists

In her excellent book, Terrorist Hunter: The Extraordinary Story of a Woman Who Went Undercover to Infiltrate the Radical Islamic Groups Operating in America, Rita Katz (who published it anonymously, but has since been exposed because of lawsuits) describes what she found out about front groups in the United States. She explains how they work, where the money comes from, and where the money goes (to Jihadis who kill kafirs).

There is a LOT of money behind these front groups (wealthy Saudi oil-barons), and they want to make a show of innocence (using the Islamic principle of taqiyya) so they are suing Katz. She has helped expel Jihadis from America, and her work helps prevent known terrorists (and promoters of jihad) from coming freely to the USA as they used to be able to do. She is a hero, and I recommend her book, Terrorist Hunter.

Read an interview with Katz: The Terrorist Hunter Speaks.

Print this post

2 comments:

Citizen Warrior said...

I liked this answer of hers in the interview:

Lopez: Can you still do what you have been doing, now that people know who you are?

Katz: Of course! The lawsuit brought against me, I believe, is an attempt to shut me up and slow down my investigations. It will achieve the exact opposite. I am more enthusiastic now about my fight against terror than ever before. I will certainly continue with my work, I will continue to consult with the government on counterterrorism investigations, and I will continue to provide information on terrorists and their supporters and financiers to the media and to anyone who might need it to stop terrorists from attacking us again. My message to the bad guys is that nothing will stop me from monitoring them, preventing them from attacking us, and helping to bring them to justice.

Citizen Warrior said...

Here's another good answer:

Lopez: It must be downright frightening, sometimes, going to work. In one point in your book, you are pregnant, wired with a recorder, at a jihadist conference (where you hear, among other things, the usual calls for "Death to Jews") and someone else-possibly a journalist — gets into a confrontation for doing what you were doing-recording, taking notes. Did you ever think, "No, I can't do this anymore?"

Katz: Frightening is an understatement. During certain times, such as the widely televised lynching of two Israeli soldiers in the West Bank, attending some of these meetings, particularly the smaller ones, was terrifying. Being a Jewish woman among inflamed Muslims calling for jihad against Jews and death to Jews, I knew that I would face grave consequences if I were exposed. Other difficult experiences I had were actually in open, public rallies, where various people told sob stories about how they were abused because they were Muslims or Arabs. Some of these stories were really heartbreaking. But then came the leaders of the Muslim community and expressed their views, and that put me back on track. One such example was with Abdurahman al-Amoudi, who was considered by many a moderate Muslim leader and, as such, was a regular visitor to the White House. In a public rally he stated his support for Hamas and Hezbollah, two designated terrorist organizations. I recorded him, gave the videotape to the media, and this in fact brought an end to his lobbying career with the administration. But in spite of the danger, I never had a point where I wanted to quit. Whenever the going got tough, I had successes such as exposing al-Amoudi, deporting terrorists, preventing the government from unwittingly funding front groups for terror, and many others I describe in the book, to invigorate me.